Thursday, October 18, 2012

Are you addicted to anything?


Question


Are you addicted to anything?
If so does it cause you any problems?


Answer


I wasnt going to answer this question just give a jovial reply but it seems everyone else beat me to it.So to correct the balance,brYes,Alcohol.brSometimes I think I was born an Alcoholic but my problems started when I was , more than half my life ago Im nowand it defined my lifestyle for an awful long time.brAddiction and Alcohol affect people in different ways making people think and act in ways that are totally out of character,affecting everyone you know,damaging relationships and friendships and ultimately your own opinion of yourself until all thats left is despise and hate,oh yes and alcohol.brThe cravings and fear of living without a drink are almost unbearable,withdrawal from Alcohol in some cases can kill and boy does it feel like.Only you can stop,noone can do it for you not even God.brI could go on and tell you about some of the things Ive done and said,and regretted or mention the friends that died along the way mostly alone with nothing but the cheapest and strongest drink at hand but I wont theyve found their peace.As for me for the last years Ive been fighting back by staying sober there have been times when Ive failed,Alcohol tricks you into thinking that your better but Im still here and a wiser person for it.brProblems persist but I deal with them in the best way I can and now I have the Help and understanding of my family,I have managed to rebuild many bridgesnot all,my brother thinks Im a waste of space and a failure. and create new ones with a family of my own.I cant change twenty years of my life but I can learn from the mistakes I made and never underestimate the power of an addiction.brI am an Alcoholic and always will be,and I wont apologise for that. Im proud of myself for stopping drinking and realising how fantastic life can be and intend to keep it that way.br AND I WONT APOLOGISE FOR THAT EITHER.



No comments:

Post a Comment